Did You Get Married in 2013?

Article Highlights: E-filing is not possible if married name does not match Social Security Administration (SSA) records. Use SSA Form SS-5 to update SSA records. A married status may produce unexpected tax results. If you got married during 2013, don’t forget to notify the Social Security Administration (SSA), IRS, and Postal Service of your address […]

Are You Required to File 1099s?

Article Highlights: • A business that pays an independent contractor $600 or more in a year must file Form 1099-MISC. • Form W-9 is used to collect the independent contractor’s data. • Deadlines for issuing 2013 Form 1099-MISCs are January 31, 2014 (to independent contractors) and February 28, 2014 (to the IRS). If you use […]