Everything depends on your insurance company and what state you live in. No two companies will raise your rates the same amount. Some won’t raise your rates after a single minor violation. Others will.
Based on insurance.com’s analysis of more than 490,000 auto insurance quotes and data gathered by Quadrant Information Services, here’s how much common infractions will affect your insurance rates, on average:
- Reckless driving: 22 percent
- Driving without a license or permit: 18 percent
- Careless driving: 16 percent
- Speeding 30 mph over the limit: 15 percent
- Failure to stop: 15 percent
- Improper turn: 14 percent
- Improper passing: 14 percent
- Following too close/tailgating: 13 percent
- Speeding 15 to 29 mph over limit: 12 percent
- Speeding 1 to 14 mph over limit: 11 percent
- Failure to yield: 9 percent
- No car insurance: 6 percent
- Seal belt infractions: 3 percent
With our phone app, you will receive legal assistance with traffic violations, legal defense for covered criminal charges arising from the permitted use of a licensed motor vehicle, and attorney time for driver’s license recovery and property damage assistance. Our attorneys may be able to reduce the fine, or keep the ticket off your motor vehicle record altogether, keeping your insurance rates affordable. Contact me if you would like to learn more about our legal and identity theft protection plans.