The CVSA’s Annual International Roadcheck Inspection blitz will be held on June 6-8, 2017. Although CARGO SECUREMENT will be the main point of emphasis for inspectors this year, drivers must be ready for a Level 1 Inspection.
LEVEL 1 INSPECTION
Inspectors will primarily be conducting the Level I Inspection, which is the most thorough roadside inspection. It is a 37-step procedure that includes an examination of both driver operating requirements and vehicle mechanical fitness.
The 5 top load securement violations are as follows:
- Failure to prevent shifting/loss of load
- Failure to secure truck equipment (tarps, dunnage, doors, tailgates, spare tires, etc)
- Damaged tie-downs
- Insufficient tie-downs
- Loose tie-downs
Here are some numbers that might interest you from Roadcheck 2016:
- 62,796 trucks were stopped and inspected
- 42,236 Level 1 inspections were conducted (67% of all inspections)
- 9,080 trucks were found with Out-of-Service (OOS) vehicle violations
- 1,436 drivers were placed Out-of-Service due to critical item violations. The top driver out-of-service violations were for hours of service and false logs.
The CVSA says an average of 15 trucks and buses are inspected EVERY MINUTE across North America during this 72-hour event.
ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE INSPECTION AND DO YOU HAVE LEGAL COVERAGE IN PLACE? Please contact me before MAY 26 if you want complete coverage before this year’s Roadcheck Inspection Blitz!